Sunday, June 17, 2012

Resiliance

There is a Japanese proverb about resiliance that translates in English to, "Fall down seven times, stand up eight."  I think of this all the time with Gianna as she learns to walk.  She is taking steps all around the house now.  She is so incredibly determined - she takes a just a few wobbly steps, falls, and just gets right back up and tries again, and again, and again.  She will actually get upset now at times when I try to carry her places, because she'd rather try to walk while I hold her hand.  I admire her determination so much!  I was away on a work trip last week and Matt sent me this video - I couldn't believe it!!  So proud of this little girl's resiliance (and the boys for cheering her on!)

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Can't wait to meet her in person soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! When can we expect you in KY again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME!!! Congrats, GiGi!

    ReplyDelete