Friday, October 22, 2010

True Blue Baby

Now that Gianna's recovering from her shunt surgery, she's keeping those blue eyes open a lot more than she did before!  She's definitely a True Blue baby.....she is at home and doing as well as she is due to the awesome, special care she's received from everyone at UK.  We'll never be able to say enough how thankful we are!!

Her pediatrician appointment this week went well - she's already gained a pound since her birth weight (she's 7 lbs 5 oz now).  Today I met with her First Steps service coordinator to get those services started.  I'm not sure what she'll be eligible for at this point, but they provide therapies like physical, speech and occupational therapy.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she gets into the Kidz Club and then she will be able to receive the First Steps therapies while she's there.  The days with her are truly flying by now - just one more week till I start back to work part time. 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet her and hold her!

    Love to you all ~

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO special to meet Gianna. I am so glad we got to catch up over the weekend Amy. You and your beautiful family are in my thoughts. XOXO Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy & Matt she is truly incredible! What a precious little fighter and such an inspiration, both Dave and I can't wait to meet her!

    With loads of love,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, love her little blue/white bow Amy! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. We have a gift and it's been sitting in the living room for oh....maybe 2 weeks now. :0
    Love you guys - will hopefully see you soon!
    Best,
    Sara Police and the fam

    ReplyDelete