Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving traveling to visit Matt's family in West Virgina.  Gianna got to meet so many family and friends that have been sending prayers and good wishes her way.  She even got to finally meet her great-grandmother - Noni - for the first time.  I'm having trouble putting into words how truly thankful we were for all of the kindness shown by so many people - so I'll just let a few pictures tell the story.











Obviously, she was hardly put down all weekend! 
Traveling with Gianna was another learning experience for us.  This was her first trip, and by far the longest time she had been in the carseat.  When we arrived at Matt's parent's house, the fontanelle (soft spot) on the top of her head was completely sunken in and every bone in her skull was obvious.  It resolved pretty quickly after she laid down for a while.  On the way home, the same thing happened to her head and she got sick the one time we stopped on the trip.  I called the neurologist and he assured me that this was more than likely just her shunt "over-draining" the fluid in her head, since she was sitting up in the car seat so long.  Although G is amazingly strong, little things like this remind us how fragile she can be. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like a celebrity having my picture on
    G's blog. She is my hero!

    ReplyDelete