Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Everything I Need to Know....

Gianna is 2 months old today!  Every "anniversary" feels especially meaningful with G.  We've read several accounts of families with children born with encephaloceles, where their baby only lived to 60 or 90 days.  Knowing that makes every day with her seem so precious - I absolutely can't imagine losing her now.  Thoughts of those families, coupled with the approaching Thanksgiving holiday, makes me realize how grateful I am for Gianna and how much there is to learn from her.  Author Robert Fulguhm told us that "everything we need to know we learned in kindergarten"....  I think much can be learned even from the tiniest among us, which got me thinking....Everything I Need to Know, I See in Gianna.  We don't always find wisdom in the places we seek it, but here's what I've learned in 37 weeks of pregnancy and 2 months of life with Gianna:
  • Trust God
  • Exceed all expectations
  • Take a deep breath. Repeat.
  • Good things really do come in small packages
  • Miracles and guardian angels are all around us
  • Sometimes a good cry helps
  • There's not much better than your own home, a warm bed, and being with the people who love you
  • Live a balanced life - eat some, sleep some, play some, and smile as much as you can
  • The smallest among us may have the greatest strength
  • Have Faith
HAPPY THANKSGIVING and much love and thanks to our family and friends!!!
    
    2 months old with Babydoll "Marie".  Savannah thought this
    would be a perfect name since she and Gianna share this
    middle name!
    

5 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make me cry? Seriously. Beautiful post!

    And of course love the pictures. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never met..but I work with Adria and Ron at WPHS...your post touched my heart..it was eloquent..and very thoughtful..thanks for sharing your journey with Gianna..the pictures are beautiful. You ALL are in my prayers...God works in mysterious ways. I think He has a special plan for your Gianna...Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though she has changed so much since I last saw her. This only means I must see her again soon! ;) Hope you and the rest of the gang have a great Thanksgiving!

    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and beautiful baby girl!! :) Amy Merritt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amy! Your words here touched my heart more than you'll ever know! Thank you for sharing with us ALL!

    ReplyDelete