Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tribute to Kaitlyn

When Gianna was first diagnosed, we searched the web obsessively looking for stories of other children who survived with her condition.  I soon found the facebook page of Baby Kaitlyn's mother in Plymouth.  Kaitlyn received the same diagnosis of an occipital encephalocele before birth, and had overcome many odds - she had just celebrated her first birthday when I came across her story.  Looking at all her beautiful pictures and getting to see how Kaitlyn had inspired so many people around her was a source of hope for us.  I was so heartbroken to learn this morning that Kaitlyn passed away last week - just before her 2nd birthday.  More can be read about her story here.  My heart goes out to Kaitlyn's family and I truly thank them for sharing her story with the world.  Their little angel was an inspiration for so many and will be truly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment