Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back-to-School

The big event for our family this week is our oldest son Dominic starting kindergarten!  So far he thinks it's "awesome" and loves his new school.  D has been Gianna's biggest fan since the beginning.  As soon as we told him I was having a baby, he said, "I'll go crazy for a baby sister!!".  He talks to her and tells her he loves her every day and try to feel her kick - so sweet.

So another rite of passage in the fall is medical students starting their clinical rotations.  Yesterday at my OB appointment I got to meet several of them and I think my pregnancy was their learning experience of the day!  They had lots of questions and it was pretty obvious none of them had ever heard of Gianna's diagnosis before.  Part of me was annoyed at the extra time spent and repeating my pregnancy story over and over to them, but I have to view it as a blessing.  Future patients they see who have a baby like Gianna will have the benefit of their Dr. having studied something like this before. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt and Amy...just want to let you know that we and our church are praying for Gianna. We love you. Brian & Amy Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the best!! Thank you so much Brian & Amy. Hope to see you guys sometime soon!! - Matt

    ReplyDelete