Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust

The words "fun" and "cage" don't normally go together, for obvious reasons!   However, the "fun cage" as it's called at GiGi's physical therapy is a pretty amazing contraption that allows kids to jump, "fly", and do all sorts of things that their body would not normally allow them to do on their own.  Gianna has been looking at the Fun Cage with skepticism and fear for two years, allowing Angelo to get in it to experience the "fun" part.  Finally, she has warmed up to the idea, has faith that physical therapy is actually going to be quite a bit of fun, and trusts that once she's tired of the cage, we'll get her right out.  GiGi now actually requests to get in to jump (or "pop!" as she calls it)! 

This is a video of the first time I got to see her pop!



 "Flying like Tinkerbell" is her absolute favorite activity
Here's the latest video of her working on some balance skills. 

And this picture of Angelo just cracks me up!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome video and pictures! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy. I do not have a blog yet but I just want to thank you so much for yours. Our baby Zoey was born with an occipital encephalocele, microcephaly, chiari malformation type ii and developed hydrocephalus. She has had 7 sugeries with the first 5 being within the first 2 weeks of her life. The docs didn't think she would make it, even calling in palliative care; but, God had another plan! She is 6 months old now and doing very well.Your sweet girl looks like she's doing so well and that is so very encouraging to me. I would love to talk to you and ask questions but I don't see a way to email. Do you have a facebook account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica - congrats on your daughter Zoey - I'm SO happy to hear she's doing well!! It sounds like our daughters have a lot in common!! I don't have facebook but would love to talk - I'm happy to answer any questions. My email is Amy.DiLorenzo1@gmail.com
      Looking forward to talking with you!
      Amy

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for responding! I am excited to connect with you. My email address is ericaawalker@yahoo.com.

      Talk with you soon!

      Delete
  3. LOVE your videos! Great job GiGi!

    ReplyDelete