Monday, September 27, 2010

The Color Purple

We got to go up to see Gianna recovering in the NICU.  The nurses had her all fixed up with her pink blanket, stuffed bunny and pink bow stuck to her head.  :-) She's still got her IVs in and she's still intubated, which is hard to see, but she's slowly weaning off of the respirator - this will be her next big "accomplishment" after surgery.  We're all anxiously watching the monitor waiting for her to take over breathing herself.  The green lines indicate the respirator is breathing for her, and purple lines mean she's breathing on her own.  I've never been particularly a fan of the color purple, but today we feel like cheering every time we see those purple lines!  Can't wait to get to hold her again.  Gianna is truly amazing to me with how much she's been through in just 5 days of life and how incredibly Strong she is.

Post -Op Recovery

7 comments:

  1. We are sending up so many prayers for all of you! Thanks for keeping us posted and if there is anything you all need, please let me know! Love to all! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt and Amy! I checked out your blog this morning to learn of all that is going on. I help at the church on Monday morning and took a picture of your beautiful Gianna for all to see and to ask for their prayers. Our priest lit a candle for her and said that he will be praying for her during Mass. He wanted me to let you know. She is BEAUTIFUL!! I'll continue to check your blog. Thanks! Love you guys, Jennifer (The Banda 5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt & Amy

    Gianna is beautiful & I am so thankful that you have such wonderful friends and family. Gianna is in great hands and I know, feeling the love and prayers. Blessing to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite color is purple! Great pics guys and I am so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and prayers from Wheeling.She is absolutely beautiful.Amy you look great. Thanks for all the updates.Of course I have Adria too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is stunning! Im so happy that the surgery went well today. Lots of love to your little mirical

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt and Amy,

    We are sooo thrilled that the surgery went well. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers and hope to see and talk with you soon.

    Hal and Danielle

    ReplyDelete